Tune In to Our ANJ Webinar!
Advanced Infusion Pump Technology Can Help You Work Smarter, Not Harder
Advances in smart pump technology can improve patient safety and provide efficiencies in nursing care delivery. In this pre-recorded session, you’ll learn about advances in technology that can help you work smarter, reduce errors, and better protect your patients. Following the presentation, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a live Q&A.
Susan Niemeier, MHA, BSN, RN, Chief Nursing Officer, and VP of Clinical Excellence, Fresenius Kabi
Brittany Sours, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, and Professional Development and Practice Specialist, San Luis Valley Medical Center
Lillee Gelinas, DNP, RN, CPPS, FAAN, and Editor-in-Chief, American Nurse Journal
What: Work Smart With Advanced Infusion Pump Technology
When: On-Demand Webinar
How: Listen Now!
- Current smart infusion pump capabilities
- Benefits and current challenges in the use of smart pumps
- Innovations in technology that can improve safety, workflow, and usability while eliminating error-prone manual tasks
You’ll learn what makes advanced infusion pump technology advanced:
- Simplicity: By reducing the complexity in medication administration through on-pump programming guidance, an intuitive touchscreen, no need for complicated secondary infusion setups, and smart administration sets, the opportunity for error is also reduced.
- Automation: Removing labor-intensive and error-prone manual steps reduces the chance for error.
- Information: Notifications, prompts, up-to-date data, and meaningful alarms make for better-informed decisions at the bedside.
This is only a taste of what we’ll talk about in this 45-minute presentation. Attend the webinar and learn what truly advanced infusion pump technology can do to streamline your workflow and protect your patients from potential errors.
See how the Ivenix Infusion System leverages advanced technology to help you work smarter, not harder, by downloading our brochure.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices. February 3, 2016.
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices. Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) Guidelines for Optimizing Safe Implementation and Use of Smart Infusion Pumps.
- Giuliano KK, Blake J, Bittner NP, Gamez V, Butterfield R. Intravenous smart pumps at the point of care: a descriptive, observational study. J Patient Saf. 2022;18(6):553-558.
You must be logged in to post a comment.